Professional vs DIY Security Camera Installation: Worth it?
Thinking of installing your own security system? It is certainly possible to install one yourself, but there’s a lot to take into consideration when taking on this project. You would need to think about features such as cameras, angles, and smart house integration.
Do it yourself home security systems
You can buy a security system at any major home store like Lowe’s or Home Depot, as well as online at Amazon for just around $200. The main reason people choose this option is the cost and the fact that they don’t have to sign a contract for monitoring services.
Be aware that security systems are complex to properly install.
Security System Installation by a Professional
When you get your system professional installed by a certified technician. You will have an expert design a system that fits the needs of your home and your family. You also have the option of having professional monitoring. Professional monitoring provides peace of mind, especially when you’re away or when you’re asleep. Some companies require a monitoring contract so read your contract carefully. Ask questions and make sure you understand your options.
Installation can take a professional a few hours to install, where it can take a homeowner much longer.
Which option is right for you?
You have a lot to think about, each person’s needs are different. Think about these questions when making your decision:
- Is it important that your security look quality and professional?
- How much are you willing to spend on a security system?
- How long do you plan to live in your current home?
- Do you have the ability to fix the system if something goes wrong?
- Are you physically capable of installing a security system, especially if your home is multi-story.
- Is around the clock security monitoring something that is important to you?
Image courtesy of Pexels